Билеты по английскому для юристов
1. Family is the most precious thing for me, because this is where I
find love & understanding, & support.
1. Our family is quite large by modern standards.
1. It consists of four people - my parents, my younger sister &
1. My parents are quite young, about 35, & my sister is four years younger
1. My father is a civil navigator.
1. He spends most of his time at work, so the time when he is home in the
evening is something special for my sister & me.
1. My mother is a teacher, & she has more time to spare than my father.
1. We share our problems & secrets with them, & they often give very good
1. There’ s often a lot to do about the house, but we are always willing to
help with the chores, & everything is done quickly & efficiently.
1. Most of all I like our late dinners or early suppers, when we all gather
round the table, & the light of the kitchen lamp creates a relaxed & cosy
1. We talk, & joke, & have fun, because we are all
1. Sundays are also very nice.
1. If the weather is fine, we go skiing in the forest in winter, or to our
‘dacha’ in summer.
1. In fact, it’s just a small cottage on a small plot of land, but we like
it a lot, & like to work in the garden, planting, digging, gathering
strawberries & tomatoes.
1. But, if I were asked about our family hobby, I would name
1. Reading is a perfect combination of business & pleasure, of intellectual
work & entertainment.
1. That’s about all. I’m lucky to have such a loving & friendly family, &
when I have a family of my own, I will try to make it work on the same
Me & My plans for the future.
1. Finishing school is the beginning of the independent life for millions
of schools leavers.
1. Many roads are opened before us: vocational & technical school,
institutes & universities.
1. But, it’s not an easy thing to choose a profession out of more than
2,000 existing in the world.
1. Some pupils follow the advice of their parents or friends, others can’t
decide even after leaving the school.
1. As for me I made my choice long ago.
1. I specialize in the humanities.
1. Social Sciences & English have always been my favorites, but my chief
interest is law.
1. My dream has always been to become a lawyer.
1. My choice of this occupation didn’t come as a sudden flash.
1. As a child, I listened to my aunt & uncle discussing professional
1. Little by little, I got interested in the subject & began thinking of
law as my prospective occupation.
1. For me, choosing a career is not only a matter of future prestige &
1. In my opinion, a job should be interesting & socially important.
1. That is the reason why I have chosen the profession of a lawyer, which
gives plenty of opportunities to help people in trouble.
1. In addition I should say, whatever profession I choose to follow, the
greatest pleasure will surely come from feeling that I am useful to my
My Working Day.
1. A person’s schedule depends on his or her type of activity, & is
1. It is rather flexible, & can be change any time, if necessary.
1. I will try to give you a snapshot of a typical day in my life as a
1. The shrill ringing of an alarm-clock wakes me up at half past six.
1. I do not jump out of bed, but daydream for about 5 minutes more.
1. Then I do jump out, & keep jumping, pushing up, sitting up, & generally
warming up for about 20 minutes.
1. Then a quick shower, & a very light breakfast - I just can’t make myself
eat much in the morning.
1. So, it’s a soft-boiled egg, a toast, & a cup of tea or coffee.
1. Then off to school.
1. It’s the usual routine of classes & breaks, a longer break at 11 a. m.
for lunch, & school is over at 1 or 2 p. m., depending on the number of
1. Sometimes I stay at school till 3 p. m. for some optional class or
1. Then I’m home, & it’s dinner, if I may call it so.
1. My folks are both at work, so left to my own devices I have what I
manage to find in the fridge.
1. Then I fool around for an hour or so browsing in some magazine or a
book, or listening to some quiet music.
1. After that I’m ready for the most important part of my day, my work
1. I study, I dig up information, I solve tasks, find answers to question -
do my homework.
1. By 8 p. m. I feel tired.
1. Fortunately, by that time folks have arrived, & we eat.
1. That is the only proper meal of the day for me, & the only time to talk
with my parents.
1. Then an hour or more of study, some TV, & by 12 p. m. I’m in bed.
1. Sometimes I have to stay up late, if I have some difficult task to
1. So this is it, in a nutshell.
1. Not very eventful, but it’s a working day, isn’t it?